Friday, April 16, 2010

California Is A Pain In The Neck

I got a fix-it ticket in Cali a few weeks ago. The officer had to look really hard to find SOMEthing wrong with my rig. We take excellent care of her and she's in the shop every 10K miles to get her oil changed and a good look-over. Something is wrong, we get it fixed asap.

Well, he found a 'worn' spot on a push rod in the brake cannister thingy and one brake was out of adjustment.

So's....we take it in to the mechanic and, get this, he can't find where the Cali officer was pointing out. We actually had to show him the 'worn' spot. So, he replaced the cannister/push rod thingy (hey, I just drive the truck, the mechanic does all the other stuff) and adjusted all the brakes, just to be sure.

I called Dunsmuir to find out how to get the ticket signed off. Twice the officer told me wrong info and luckily, I'm obstinate enough to find out the right info. The officer said any DOT weigh station across country could sign it off and then send in the cardboard copy. Only problem is...no other state will touch anything that had California in its name!! So, I called back to another office and got it worked out that I have an extra two weeks to get the thing signed off. I haven't been back to Cali since getting the truck fixed and...you get the picture.

Let's just hope the officer (I got name and number and all sorts of info on him) lives up to his word!!

I can do without ever going to Cali again...too bad there are so many loads to and from the freakin' place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)