Sunday, July 10, 2011

California Port Of Entry Lady Actually Read My BOL!

Things must be getting bad for ol' CA. 

Usually, when you go to Cali and throught the POE, the people there just glance at your BOL and wave you on through.  Since I'm flatbed, they don't ask what I'm carrying because, well, it's pretty self-evident.  If it's a bit square load that is tarped, that's plywood.  If it's steel and untarped, it's pretty clear what I'm hauling.

Welp, the other day, the lady came out of her little box and read my BOL, from top to bottom!!  Then, looking at my tarped, square load, wanted to know what I was hauling.   Hello??  Plywood!! 

Honestly, I was so flabberghasted I couldn't really think of anything to say.  This just doesn't happen.  Well, I guess it does because it happened to me, but, really?? 

Was she hoping to trip me up or maybe thinking I've the wrong BOL or load and she could issue a citation or something??

Just tres weird...but, hell, it's California...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)