Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hunh...Driving An 18 Speed Is Way Different Than 13 Speed...

Who knew??

I sorta assumed that I could ignore the half gears in the low range and drive like I ustacould.

Not so. Those pesky low range half gears are there for a reason and it's best if you use 'em.

Kind of a pain because of all the shifting goin' on but makes for a nicer ride, which is soooo much better on my old-ish bones.

I have gotten lost a few times, totally forgotten which gear, high or low range, clutch or not, tach reading...whatev. so, a little more practice and I'll be back as a real trucker. Probably still complaining, but, there you have it.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)