Monday, November 28, 2011

Pay It Forward, Folks!!

We just got through eating in a TA restaurant in Coachella.  There was another driver who was having trouble getting paid from his company.  I'd mention the company name but, I don't want to get sued if the info is false (I doubt it) it is a big name company. 

Anywho, he is on his way home to park the truck at their terminal and has another job lined up with another big name company, who I hear is pretty decent to their drivers.

Ok, back to my story...this driver didn't have enough money to eat, had only coffee sitting in front of him.  A little too loudly, I asked if we could buy him dinner.  He adamantly refused!  I sort of pushed it a bit, a little quieter this time.  I said I wasn't trying to embarass him but we'd do it.  No way, Jose, was his response.

What can you do??  I couldn't force him to take the dinner.  However, once I got out to our rig, it sort of hit me...oh, duh, I should have paid on the QT and slunk away in the night.  I asked hubby to go back inside and pay, but, good guy that he is, he tried to do what I was thinking but the guy had already gone to his truck or whereever. 

The moral of this story is to help out your fellow man, especially in these tough times!!  Some, or most, drivers are proud and won't hear of you helping them outright.  So, my lesson was to tone it down and JUST. DO. IT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)