Monday, November 7, 2011

Truck Needed An Engine Overhaul...So....

I'll do the best I can in reporting truck stories as I find them.  We are at home, taking it easy.  Kind of nice, too.  No money coming in, but, that's what saving for a rainy day is all about, eh??

The lesson of this story is...always be prepared.  Truck can break down any moment and if you haven't prepared in advance, you could be up a creek.  (Do I really have to tell ANYone this??) 

From each paycheck, put back at least 10% into some sort of savings account or even under the mattress.  It adds up quickly!  Then when the ineveitable (sp?) happens, you can go on with your life and not risk losing any or even a little part of it. 

Honestly, that 10%, you won't notice it's not being used in everyday trucking.  Just do it.  I'm sure glad we did. 

I've enjoyed the time at home but I'm starting to want to hunt the road again.  I like being at home and doing all the homemaker stuff but I'm a truckdriver at heart.  I really can't wait till our girl is fixed and we are tearing it up again.  Sorry to be mushy but we do have an affinity for our truck.  That's why we take such good care of her but poot happens and she must be fixed.

Nah, on second thought, I'm not sorry to be mushy over an inanimate thing, I loff my truck!!

See you guys down the road!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)