Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I May Have Found My Niche

There is a horse blog called Fuglyblog.com and the owner writes about skinny horses and basically 'outs' bad horsemanship.  Since I'm on the road most of the time and finding abandoned dogs/puppies, I thought maybe there was blog that was the dog version of Fugly.  I asked around on several of my horse sites, since horses and dog lovers are usually one and the same, but there doesn't seem to be one.  Well, not one anyone told me of, but I did get some stories about abandoned dogs plus a heads up about a place in Atlanta, GA. 

Soooo....while I can't take in any puppy-wuppy that I see on the road, I can at least take a pic and post where the dog is and ask for local help. 

A while back, I found six puppies that had been dumped close by my customers place.  Hubby and I fed them that evening and the next morning.  I called the HS and AC but no one would help.  Turns out, the property was on the rez and an Indian policeman came by and called their version of AC.  It never dawned on me to google animal rescue nor the power of the internet.  I had just gotten my new fancy-schmancy phone and didn't yet know how to work it. 

Since most truckers are animal lovers, it hurts our collective hearts to see an abandoned dog or a puppy just roaming around, lost. 

So, maybe, I've found a new voice for these blessed animals.  Oh, and horses are included also.  *Here comes another story...*  A while back, I saw a new herd of horses in a pasture in Idaho.  The horses were thin/skinny but there were plenty of round hay bales out and big tanks of water, so, I thought I'd watch and see what happens.  Since I go by there about 2-3 times a month, if not more, I could keep a sharp eye.  Welp, turnes out, the horses are gaining weight, appropriately slowly too.  Since I used to rescue horses, I know how it is when you get a new thin horse and people wig out about the skinny one and don't step back to look at the whole picture, so that's why I thought I'd watch.  Let it play out and the horses are looking fine going into winter.  Just like I posted a few days ago about the Appys in Rawlins.  I see these horses and get to 'know' them.  See who's growing up, who's foaled, who's gone, who's new, etc. 

So, don't know quite which way to go but I'm not going to make this hard.  Just go with the flow.  Whatever will be, will be!! 

Oh, yeah, I'll still post about trucking!!  :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)