Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Father/Daughter Trucking Teams/Owners

Once, in AL or AR or somewhere in the region, hubby and I stopped at a truckstop for the night.  I looked at a truck beside us and it said "Joe Smith and Daughter Trucking".  Joe Smith wasn't the real name, I don't remember that part but the part that struck me was the 'and Daughter'.  I thought it was great.  Usually, it's something like 'and Son' but this was the daughter. 

I posted on one of my boards about my driving off without hubby and a friend said she'd have liked to gone into trucking with her dad.  That got me to thinking.  Personally, I would have loffed to have done something like this but it wasn't meant to be. 

Thinking about it is nice, though.  Wished I saw more of 'and Daughters' on the road. 

Yeah, I'm being fluffy right now, can't help it.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)