Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Okaaaayyyy...Called For Directions, Operator Can't Give Them...It Gets Better...Read on...


Yeah...the stoopidity of companies AND their people...

I will load in the morning at a place in northern Minnesota.  So's, my dispatch gives me a number to call and get directions.  Simple enough, I can do that.

I called the number but they don't have a direction line.  Called back and went straight to the operator and asked for directions.  Still, pretty damn simple, you'd think. 

She tells me she'd have to put my call over to shipping, but, shipping has already gone for the day.  I asked HER for directions and she actually said she can't give out directions, only shipping can!  ....and of course, are gone for the day....

Never in all my born days have I had anyone refuse to tell me where they are located!! 

To top it off, the broker, on my previous call, told me to go on to the shippers, be there first thing in the morning.  Yeah, right.  Well, actually, even if I knew where to go, I'm not going to park where there isn't a bathroom nor some place to eat.  But, the absurdity of not giving out directions.  Somehow this strikes me as stoopid, dense, dumb, i don't even have enough words off the top of my head.  A little gobsmacked!!

Chalk this up to the joys of trucking!!

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)