Saturday, December 3, 2011

An Honest To Goodness Old West Town, Shaniko, OR.


I don't remember all the particulars, but, this town was a real going concern in the middle 1800's.  Cow town deluxe.  Now, there are probably a whopping 100 people who live here, fulltime. 

See the whitish building on the left side of the street/road?  Well, that is an old hotel.  I don't know if it's still up and running but when hubby and I were engaged, we talked to the managers about getting married there. 

Anywho, after looking around, there may be closer to 50 full time residents.  I can truthfully say the winter here is a mutha of winters!!  Nothing to stop the wind and snow!!  Plunging temps but you have to be tough and no whining or complaining!

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)