Friday, December 9, 2011

I Do Not Get Lost, However, I Do Get Misplaced


Yep, in the past three days, your truly has ended up seriously misplaced. 

The first time was right outside Duluth, MN.  There is highway 53 and I-35 that come together right thar, on the south side.  We loaded our rig and coming out of the plant, got turned around and wnet down Hwy 53. 

Nope, we think, wrong way.  So I had to cross a bridge into WI, swing around under and come back across.  Then started south on I-35.  Only to figger out 10 miles later, it WAS supposed to be 53!

Backtrack the 10 miles to 53, over the Mississippi River, under the bridge and finally on the correct road.

Then today, we were in the ruralist of rural Mississippi and, after loading, thought we could just go "right over here" to get on the main road (as much as main road you could get there).  Once we got closer, it looked like we wouldn't be able to. 

Now, in a lot of these places, you don't want to just keep going, you'd be getting in deeper and deeper!  So, I saw a sawmill and turned in.  Asked directions and yep, I actually was going the right way.  Jus on the other side of the overpass was the turn off.  Great.

So, I made the turn and then hubby started talking about something and I lost focus...and ended up missing the next turn.  Had to go down abit, cut across the median and made my way back.

I gotta say, though, the locals must be used to us truckers going all wacky because when I pulled over or did  cut acroos, they all slowed and waited for me.  Heh...

I'm squared away now, toddling down the road....

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)