Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sucky Day At Black Rock

I mean, really. Today flat sucked. Wanna read ALL about it??? Read on, dear reader...

First off, a driver lost control of his rig and plowed into my trailer. No real damage to my trailer except a broken marker light.

His power unit?? Wow, that fiberglass just doesn't hold up very well when it meets a metal bumper rail. It was a mess!!

Trouble was, he couldn't find his insurance papers! Hello?? Or didn't want to find them.

Anyhoo, that was numero uno and now for the rest of my frickin' day...

Then, went to the KW dealer and they didn't have the right marker light. Spent a lot of time finding this out instead of off the get- go.

Then, drove to the customers and while I was getting a light weight, I hit the low side reail and knocked off a full HALF of my covers and hubcap on the left drive tire... never have I even come close to touching those puppies, but I sure crunched them but good.

The guys (of couse there were oodles of tough guy drivers standing around) had the good sense to not snicker when I pulled the covers off (what was left of them) and tossed them into the dumpster.

Hubby got pretty damn exasperated with that stunt, I can tell you. I heard about this for a good 15 minutes or so....like I didn't know it was a boo-boo in the first place.

THEN! The customer used my brand new ink pen to sign the BOL and, since I was busy, he put my pen on the step below my drivers' door.

Guess what I broke into two pieces when I stepped on it??

Yup, you'd be right, it was my pen. It hurt to throw it away with all that unused ink!

So, now, I'm kicked back and gonna drink a 7 Up, read a bit and go to bed. What. A. Day.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)