Friday, February 4, 2011

Today Is Jik With Your Dispatcher Day

Swear to God, I couldn't help myself. Read on...

We picked up a "get there yesterday" load yesterday and drove most of the night to "get there".

I called dispatch and asked, ever so sweetly, if we were really supposed to be there TOday, could it wait till Monday.

Dispatch Lady got a wary tone to her voice and I could herar her ramping up to let me have it.

I let her squirm for a few seconds and then fessed up that we were almost unloaded. I mean, I do want my job, y'know? I couldn't help myself but started giggling and told her it was fine, we's done the job!

OMG, you could hear the relief in her voice and then she started laughing. She thought it was pretty good after she got her heart out of her throat!

So, here's a good joke to use on NICE dispatchers and have a good laugh. I wouldn't reccommend this for use on crabby, disgruntled dispatchers. You might be ou of a job for real.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)