Friday, February 18, 2011

It Just Got Worse

I-80 was shut down last nite, again.

We waited this morning till it seemed like we should 'just go'.  Then all the trucks hit road all at the same time.  We saw where a bunch of truckers were chaining up but didn't make sense to us.  The road was still clear and wet.  So, that means they would drive on pavement with chains...hello?? 

My weather radar on my fancy-schmancy phone showed a real storm ahead of us.   So we called the customer and he said Monday would be just fine for delivery.  The shipper wasn't the happiest but I'm not going to take the chance of delivering and then get stuck with nowhere to go. 

Actually, it's not my driving that worries me, it's all the other nut-4-wheelers out on the road.  It seems that quite a few just don't understand that we all have to share the road and it wasn't made just for them.  So, they take chances and heaven forfend they get into a wreck?  Then it's the truckers fault.  Although I'm still betting that my insurance is way better than their insurance....

Better to stay and tick off a few people than to take a chance and have everything come down about our ears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)