Saturday, May 7, 2011

Plastic Staples And Fall Protection Harnesses

We have to be protected from ourselves now.

A certain customer and their insurance carrier just got to fork out several millions of $$ because a couple of drivers fell off their loads and seriously injured.

I'm pretty sure the insurance company wanted to recoup as much money as possible and looked for the deepest pockets around, settled on the lumber company.

Okay, now I'm sorry someone was hurt but now ALL drivers have to wear this fall protection harness to save us from ourselves. Then, yesterday, I noticed that the staples used to keep protective plastic in place, is using plastic staples.

Good Lord, I didn't even know plastic staples existed!! I mean, it's not like they are going to hurt any less should you catch a bit of thumb. Maybe from an infection POV, but the stapler is out on the docks and everyone and their mother is touching it.

I don't get it.

So now all drivers are inconvenienced big time when we load at this particular place. We are getting to the point that we dread going there because of the hassle. Even the loaders are getting testy because they are catching it from the bosses and from the drivers. The one guy yesterday, who is normally nice and even-keeled, was flat rude. Not like him one bit.

Sad but SOMEone has to protect us!! We aren't capable, don't you know!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)