Sunday, May 15, 2011

Argued With a City Cop Today...

Hubby kept telling me to shut up but I was only "a little" wrong (if you consider parking in the yellow line median of their main street) and it wasn't the big deal he was making it out to be.

The backstory...we needed something for the truck (because I had accidently broken it yesterda) and was looking for a Walmart. Went down the mainstreet and couldn't find the Wmart. So, we saw a General Dollar and thought that'd be fine.

I parked in the median and put on flashers. I've seen oodles of car haulers do this plus I've done it several times.

Anywho, he came stalking over and asked why I thought that particular spot was a parking spot. I said I was out of the travel lanes. He said it was a turn lane. I said I didn't see the turn lane painted on the road nor those cute arrows that point the way. I also asked if there were a city ordinance against what I was doing.
He asked for my DL (drivers license for those of you in Rio Linda) and insurance. Cop told me to pull over about a block down, just get outta the street! So, I did.

He checked my DL and insurance and cam back. He asked why I didn't go into the Safeway lot. I pointed out that my rig would prolly damage the asphalt and then SW would want us to repair it.

Cop gave my DL and insurance back and told me to get out of there and next time think about where I parked.

You bet, I said. I appologized profusely and got out of there asap.

Yep, sometimes it pays to just appologize but let the cop know your side of the story instead of wimping out.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)