Monday, May 9, 2011

Do You Know What Is In Sausage??

I didn't.

Was tootling down I-45 and was listening to the CB when a female driver got to talking about her loads.

Turns out she hauls cow entrails. For those of you in Rio Linda, that's the lungs, lymph nodes and other ooky stuff that is left over after all the steaks are cut away.

Anywho, she said she asked the receiver what they did with said entrails.

Yep, they use it to make sausage and hot dogs.

I have not touched a sausage pattie or vienna sausage since I heard this. Hubby was amazed. He said he'd known it for years, found out when he worked in a slaughterhouse as a teen.

Gross, just flat frickin' gross....
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

  1. hey love your blog, been reading it for a few months now. the hot dog story did me in. thats too bad i love hot dogs. anyway, im a female driver too, i team w/husband so i dont do a fraction of the work you do. my kids set me up with a blog when i started. http://lesliesemiview.blogspot.com/
    ps love your learn how to merge post !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)