Sunday, January 9, 2011

Well, Back In The Shop Again

What IS it with my precious truck??

We got her out of the shop about last Tuesday and everything was going fine.  Then, when we got to Frazier Park, I got behind the wheel to park while my hubby spotted for me.  All of a sudden a LOT of smoke billowed out from underneath our rig!  So, I popped the brakes and hubby popped the hood.

Turns out, the idjit air conditioning unit thingy bearings were burning out.  The trouble was that the fan belt around it went to the NEW alternator and fan.  So, called the mechanic who said to cut the fan belts and run the APU to keep the battery charged till we got back to the shop.  We've done this before and worked fine. 

Okay, so started the APU and hubby had to have the Flying J shop mech come out to cut the belts, since we didn't have a knife or anything strong enough to cut them.  So, we delivered our load the next morning, picked up two more little loads and headed north....

(You can see this one coming, can't you??)  Then, we noticed a lot of oil coming out of the APU...  So, we stopped at Frazier Park again and waited till the next morning for the mech to get to work.  Of course, they only have one mech and opened at 9am sharp. 

The mech put a new belt on, only one belt because he didn't have a second belt but it worked at least.  Then he checked the APU and come to find out, the oil had been overfilled and was leaking a little, nothing big, thank goodness. 

THEN, we get up to Corning and hear a funny noise under the hood, this was last night.  I said I thought the belt might be loose and hubby said he was too tired to do anything about it right then but this morning he tightened whatever it is and we were fine all day.  The battery stayed charged and all was well with the world.

About time, is all I can say!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)