Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just Went Through The Windiest Road EVER Today!

It was in West Virginia, where else??  Good Lord, I'm telling you!  The customer wasn't from the area and he asked some of his other guys what roads to take from Ohio to Wes' V'rginny.  Holy cow, on the map it looked like a hop, skip and jump over to his town. 

So's, we takes off, only to get 10 miles in (off the interstate and no place to turn around) and find out that the feeder road is friggin' restricted to trucks our size!  That meant we had to go the looonnnngggg way around, over hill and dale and up and down and inside and outside and...you get the pic, I'm sure! 

Swear to God, I have never been in such windy, hairpiny roads in my entire life.  Don't tell anyone, but I biffed a guard rail with the side boxes on my trailer on a hairpin curve.  I felt the drag, looked back and ooops.  First time I've ever done that.  Dammit all to hell. 

We couldn't even get a cell phone signal.  Finally, we got to the *(&$*# town and before I got too far into it, I called the customer to let him know we finally made it and to nicely bitch him out for not warning us.  He said he was wondering where we were and was sure sorry about the bad road advice.  I mean, he was so apologetic, how could we really get mad at him.  He didn't understand we are over 70 ft. long, he thought we were a straight truck or something, I don't know what.  Just not a big monster that we have. 

Anyway, we got to see some nice, pretty country and met some nice people at a teensy little grocery store where we stopped to ask directions and go to the bathroom. 

Poot happens, know what I mean??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)