Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Told A Male Trucker To Move His Rig. Yep, I'm Still Alive To Tell The Tale

Good Lord, what is with some people?? 

Hubby was driving and we pulled into a Pilot and there were a lot of rigs waiting to fuel, so Hubs picks a line and pops the brakes.  We sit and sit and sit some more.  The rig in front in the fuel island isn't moving.  The trucks to the side, are.  We don't move.  Hubby looks out and sees the guy in front finally put the spout in his tanks.  Then he pulls up a bit to do his refer tank and for some odd bodkin reason, BACKS UP and pulls his brakes.

Now, we're getting ticked.  All we wanted was to stop in and grab some sandwiches and get back on the road.  But, nooooo, this clown is taking his sweet time. 

Finally, he pulls up but not far enough for us if we were to fuel.  Remember, we have a long wheel base KW and the tanks are towards the back, not under the doors. 

Patience not being one of my many virtues, I jump out of the truck before Hubs can stop me (I wonder if he even tried....hmmmm...) and I walked towards the front of his truck but he was already heading into the Pilot.  I followed him and caught up with him whilst he was in line.  So, in front of God and everyone, I said..."How much longer are you going to be in line??  We're behind you and it's been 30 minutes."  I forgot to mention, I had my fists on my hips and a direct way of standing.  

He was so taken aback that he just stuttered, "I'm getting my ticket and be right out."  I turned and walked out of the door with a 'thank you' thrown over my shoulder.  He kind of pulled himself together and talked to the others in line about how he was trying to hurry and there was a problem with his card (of course there was!!). 

At any rate, it was extremely satisfying to let loose on a nitwit who thinks the world is his oyster and it doesn't matter whom else he inconveniences!  I'll  just betcha he hasn't had ANYone to speak to him in such a way in years, especially a female driver!! 

Yep, felt pretty good!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)