Sunday, October 2, 2011

The A/C Went Out In Our Big Rig

It is hot!!  Duhhhh....  Anyway, yesterday morning our a/c decided to quit being cool and I made a faster than usual run to Las Vegas, NV.  KW said they were closed on Saturday (the service dept.) and to call up Peterbilt.

Okie dokie, I called, they said to come on it, they could probably fix it. 

We sat for three hours only to find out, they didn't have the part to fix it!!  GAHHHH!!!! 

The lines that run to the a/c compressor had holes in them.  You'd think a dealership would carry everything for their product, but, apparantly, KW does not.  Peterbilt charged us a nice nickel and we were on our way.  Still hotter'n blue blazes plue being mad about not fixing the damn thing.  I mean, it was Las Vegas, and we didn't even get to town.

So, then we're heading out towards the dam and there is a sign that during the day, M-S, you have to go down to Searchlight and then on farther south to I-can't-remember-what-the-road-number-is-that-goes-down-the-long-steep-hill-to-Arizona-and-up-the-other-side-to-Golden Valley and then on to Kingman. 

Did I mention it was hot??  Well, it was even hotter down on the border, close to Laughlin. 

Did I mention we are at 79K+ pounds??  It was like a long, hard slog, inching down the hill and then back up the other side.

Finally, I pulled into the Peptro, east of Kingman, to fuel.  Just taking a shot, I asked if the shop could fix our lines.  Nope, have to have the official version for them.  So, we went on.

Actually, once we got past the long hill that leads out of Kingman, on towards Flagstaff, it wasn't that bad, other than having the windows opened....blowing our hair all over and louder than a KISS concert. 

I started out at Sky City this morning, it wasn't half bad.  Then we got to Moriarty and I (stupidly) thought I'd give it another shot that the TA shop could fix it.  Nope (betcha guess that one).  What was even worse, the mechanic there gave me a small lecture about KW products...all the stuff I know from the OTHER shops.  I don't know, just irritated the bejeezus outta me.  I was a bit miffed.

Anywho, we finally got to Santa Rosa because we saw a sign that said truck repair of all kinds.  Yeah, right...but we gave it a shot.  Nope, they couldn't fix it either.  Now, it's 90 degrees in the truck.  I'm getting really cranky.  Hubby called our boss and told him the whole situ, it went over like a lead balloon.

From what I understand, the whole kit and caboodle is gonna run about $1100.  That's American dollars, folks.  So, our bestestbossinthewholeworld is not a happy camper. 

I called ahead to Amarillo KW and got the answering service.  I asked if someone could check to find out if they had the parts.  Well, it's a $50 call out for the guy to check.  Scratch that.  So, I then called Wichita Falls and got a nice guy.  They can't fix it, HOWEVER, they can repair the g-damn thing!!!  YAY!!!!  It might take all of tomorrow but it will get fixed, so we think.

Tonight??  I'm sitting in a motel room close to the Pilot in Amarillo.  I'm cool, calm and collected.  The company said to get a a room and I paid the pet fee for my fur baby doggies. 

So, if all goes well manana, we will be cool bananas in our adorable KW.  If it were just a bit more autumn, we wouldn't sweat it but we're heading to Ft. Worth and I gotta have my coolness.

Everyone, cross your fingers for us tomorrow that it gets fixed somewhere along the way!! 

Drive safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)