Saturday, August 20, 2011

Got My Bell Rung Today, Big Time

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!

We had a load of shingles to pick up, tarp and then on to the customer in Kansas.  I drove in and parked.  The forklift guy loaded all and hubby and I started to strap it all down. 

Welp, hubby usually yells when he's throwing the strap over but for some reason, he didn't this time.  He threw the strap over...where is smacked me in the jaw, neck and upper shoulder!!  I mean, I saw STARS!!  My knees went wobbly and for a couple of seconds, I couldn't think straight.

Somewhere in there, I yelped a "Goddamn it!!" and that set hubby to hustling around the trailer!!  He grabbed me and held me up, all the while asking what had happened. 

When I could finally, finally get a coherent sentence out, I sure told him...between all the tears that sprang to my baby blues! 

Poor hubby, he apologized and apologized.  He has felt so badly all day.  It was a true accident, poot happens. 

That is the first time in nine years that anything of this sort has ever happened.  We are so careful around the rig and yet, something like this still happened. 

My jaw and teeth/gums are sore.  My neck is kinked just a smidge and my shoulder is a bit sore.  Nothing big, I've had way worse happen training horses.  So, I took some Aleve and just chilled all day. 

From now on, we've had a wake up call and will have to be way more careful in the future.  Things like this happen too easily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)