Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Flying J Kind Of Fell Down On The Job, Remember The Delish Dish??

We stopped at another Flying J, actually, not too far from the other I wrote about, and hubby just had to eat in the restaurant.  In we goes...

I ordered the Steak Tampico, Tampeanwheeiotie, Tampax, whatev and was expecting the same thing. 

Nope, not this time. 

This time, the whole dish was just plopped on the plate and then slapped down in front of me.  I had ordered my usual side salad and the waitress 'forgot' to bring it till right before she showed up with the hot dish.  This is not good.  I don't want my hot dish to wait while I'm eating salad!

Then there is the matter of who the dish looked on the plate.  The first place made it really nice and appealing.  This place, not so much!  Just a steak here, some rice pilaf there, a couple of tortillas, guacamoles, salsa and sour cream slapped together.  I don't know, I'm not a food critic (well, yes, I am but not in a formal way) but it just didn't look as well.  I was disappointed but at least, it tasted pretty good.  The first one tasted really yummy, this one, just not as well.  I'm sure it was a visual thing as well as taste buds. 

Next time, I'll take the time to look it over better.  Maybe I'll give it one more shot.  If not, I'll try to replicate it at home and call it a day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)