Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Whole Week's Worth Of Stoopid 4-Wheelers

*I'm having trouble logging onto blogger, so this is going to be a one shot post, everything included..."just in case things go south and I can't post again"....*

Welp, first off, I can't tell the number of times this past week that people are on the on-ramp and don't look when they try to assimilate into traffic.  I've used my FOUR horns on top of my cab many, Many, MANY times this past week to wake some of the doofus' up, so I don't run them over!!   I usually do try to move over but if there is a lot of traffic in the hammer lane, I can't.  Then some nitwit behind the 4-wheeler's wheel just assumes they are Lord of the road and bail out in front of me or to the side or whereever.   The strange thing, they don't seem to slow down, they'd rather drive up on the shoulder and sort of give way than slow down.  Idiots, all of 'em.

Then!  What is with these younger kids who think they are the cat's meow??  Huh??  Mommy must've never taught them to respect their elders.  They will run to get in front of you in the C-store line or into the bathroom.  No respect at all.  They are toooo precious for the rest of us, eh??  God, where is this country going with all these little brat-ettes growing up.

And!  Yesterday, a SUV with trailer passed me, the trailer caught the lip of the road and started to jackknife.  The driver kept over-correcting and finally they did a 180 and ended up in the median.  They weren't hurt except mentally and emotionally.  I was first on scene, it happened right by my rig, stopped, hopped out and ran over to them.  I called 911 for them on their phone.  We stayed with them till the cops showed up, gave both of them a hug and then went on our way.  I'm telling you, people don't realize that their SUV's just aren't made for hauling stuff down the road.  I'm pretty sure their whole rig was totaled but they will be okay, thank goodness. 

Right now, I'm at a midwest truck stop doing my laundry and for some reason, the truckstop has 5 washers and 10 dryers.  Suffice it to say, there was almost a rumble in the laundromat because everyone after us decided to show up at the same time to do laundry.  Actually, it was pretty damn interesting!!  My bad, I know....

I'm going to try to post this, hope it works!  I may have more to say later on...you never know.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)