Sunday, June 13, 2010

Keep Your Brat Quiet!!

I just ate in a nice truckstop restaurant.  Someone behind me had one of those bratty little kids who don't talk, but whine! 

Instead of explaining to this little Spawn of Satan that you don't do that in public, the parents (I'm assuming) let the brat go on and on.  Instead of stating quite seriously that he better pipe down, they actually cooed at him and tried to talk to him like he was a mini-adult and could be reasoned with.

Give me a (expletive) break!! 

If that were my kid, I'd have been so embarrassed about how bad a job I'd have done with them!!  But no, the above scenario is actually acted out all across this nation.  Doesn't matter where you are, restaurant...bathroom...standing at the cash register...today's wimpy parents think they want to be friends with their DNA-holders and won't do anything to shut them up.

Personally, I can't wait for manners and consideration to come back into style! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)