Monday, August 23, 2010

Segovia, TX....

I gotta say, in Segovia, there is a truck stop on I-10 where the hired help is some of the touchiest people I've ever seen. 

Just try to take a shower there and hear all about how the showers are free and no one to clean them, because the showers are free.  If you ask for another towel, the 'lady' behind the counter will tell you the showers are free and good luck with that. 

Finally, I'd had it with hearing this and when done with my shower (in an icky shower, because they are free after all, no one to clean them, but when you're dirty and icky...free showers seem like a good idea...) I had to mention, when I took my towels back, about did I need to hear how the showers are free again??

The 'lady' tsk'd me and turned away...although, the other folks in there were snickering.  I guess they'd heard her say that enough that it's gotten to be a funny.

Well, to each his/her own! 

Stop by sometime.  See the lady have a cow and tell you about how the showers are free.... 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds gross! I'll be sure to avoid that stop next time I'm down there. Have you heard about the changes Vigillio made to the CSA 2010 Scorecard? I'd love to hear your opinion on my blog after reading the article... http://www.adslogistics.com/driver-resources/career-opportunities/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Since I'm not always 'on' the 'puter, I have to wait till I'm in buckshot of the 'net somewhere. This may take some time so don't despair if you don't see your post immediately. I'll get around to it...or not. :-)